Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Sweet & Healthy Little Snack

I really do love eating clean, mostly for the way it makes my body feel, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't ever crave something sweet. In fact, usually it's bad, like I want ice cream, all the time!! While I was doing the Whole 30 program last year my hubby and I concocted this yummy goodness! While I don't remember if honey was a part of the list of "ok" foods, we still used it sparingly anyway.



I'm not sure what to call this deliciousness, but let me tell you it hit the spot. And I didn't feel quite as guilty eating it because it only contained paleo ingredients. The berries and honey add the perfect amount of sweetness.

This afternoon I found out we were out of my go-to afternoon snack, so I threw this together in about two minutes. Simply amazing!!!








Sweet Berry & Nut Medley

Ingredients:

Handful of berries (your choice, I like raspberries, blueberries and we have even used frozen cranberries)
1/4 Mixed nuts (I like sliced almonds and chopped pecans)
Two pinches of shredded coconut
Honey

Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Drizzle a little honey over the top. Mix and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...