Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things

Well the last few weeks have been a whirlwind to say the least. My sweet hubby and I found out the week before Thanksgiving that we were going to be transferring from Albuquerque, NM to Houston, TX. It was bittersweet. We had only been in our home for about a year and we had met some truly amazing friends in Albuquerque. But we couldn't be more excited to be back in Texas and much closer to family.

So, as you can image, the last few weeks have been hectic between the holidays, work, packing and moving 15 hours away--we've had our plate full. I'll share some of our moving tips in the coming weeks.

Now we are officially settled in to our new home and I'm excited for the new opportunities God has been presenting us with. A new apartment to organize (who knew it would be so hard to downsize from a house to an apartment), new friends to meet, churches to attend and even some exciting new business opportunities, more on that to come soon, but I'm so excited I can hardly contain it!!!

Okay, now to the fun stuff. Since it's a new year and a new season in our lives, I thought I would share a few of my favorite things as of late. I don't own all of them, but it doesn't mean a girl can't save her pennies or dream, right?!


1/2/3/4/5/6

1 - This is my second IHeartOrganizing planner and I am in LOVE with it. I can take a look at my week at a glance, create my to-do lists, write out goals and notes and even keep our weekly meal plan all in one easy-to-see place. I also use Jen's meal planning and grocery planning printable to help me plan our family's weekly meals and put together my grocery shopping list each weekend. If you have not checked out her blog, you should! I get some many ideas from her! I only hope that one day I can continue to be as organized as she is with a house full of littles!

2 - Paper Straws, umm, they make drinking water feel fancy! And who doesn't love a cute colorful straw to accompany their drinks? I don't know about you but I just adore them! You can find them in a wide variety of colors and patters on Etsy, in your local party stores, or my personal favorite place, Target!

3 - These monogrammed hand towels from West Elm are perfect! That bold strip and fringe, perfection! I may need these for our kitchen.

4 - Okay, I have to give kuddos to my sister for this one. She introduced me to this candle from Anthropologie. I bought the smaller version for my bedroom just to try it, now I know we need the bigger one. But I'm gonna have to get over the sticker shock of $28 first...yikes, but that smell is too die for.

5 - I ran across these Emma snack bowls at Pottery Barn the other day and while I believe they will only be around for Spring, I may have to go pick a few up. That color is perfection and the dot detail is too cute.

6 - Bath and Body Works has the best kitchen soaps. Awesome fragrances and perfect pops of color for your kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...