Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fitness Goals

Hi ya'll! Hope you had a great weekend. Ours was refreshing, we got a lot of rest, enjoyed a date-day on Saturday, hung out with some new friends, and had a great time of worship at church. It really doesn't get much better than that.

Anyway, this week I am pretty stoked, I have some really exciting things in store! I've decided I'll just dub this "fitness week" on the blog since most, if not all, of my posts this week will be related to just that.

Today, I thought I'd start off by sharing some of my fitness goals with you.


(Source: Women's Health via Shutterstock.com)


When Chris and I moved to Houston we began rethinking our fitness goals, after all, our goals would help us determine what type of workouts we needed to do and what type of equipment and gym would be most suitable.

To be honest, I had really never written out specific goals before, but I've been reading and learning more about the importance of setting specific goals the last few weeks so I wanted to give it a shot. At first it wasn't easy. I mean in the past my goal was simply to learn how to lift weights properly and gain muscle weight. As I've mentioned before I never used to work out much at all. I was the girl you'd find running on treadmill or barely working up a sweat on the elliptical. I also had a terrible immune system and what the doctors thought was IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), needless to say, I felt pretty miserable just about all the time.

When my husband and I got married, I was sickly thin and really had no idea there was something wrong with me. Thankfully, my husband being the fitness guru he is/was, knew exactly how to help. The first week we were married we immediately began eating clean (think paleo-ish) and Chris got me in the gym and began teaching me the basics of weight lifting. About a year later I had the basics down and we decided to get back in to a Crossfit gym.

Now almost three years later, I can honestly say I feel like a whole different person. Physically, I'm stronger and healthier than I can ever remember being. I don't worry about being sick, I sleep better and I have so much more energy! Since I have gained strength and feel like I'm in a good place physically, I decided to start refining my goals to focus on more specific areas.

My first goal is to continue building strength. I loved doing Crossfit but sometimes I'd get frustrated because I wasn't reaching my full potential when it came to lifting. I know I have a lot of bandwidth left in me as far as my lifting goes so I want to continue working my way up in weight. This doesn't necessarily mean I'm getting big, rather it means I'm building strong lean muscle.


(Source: skinnyms.com)

My second goal is to focus more on physique. I want to have a more toned body, specifically my arms and legs. My arms have always been little so I want to focus on building muscle there. For my legs, I want to continue building strength while also toning them. I've posted a few inspiration photos below.


Look at those legs! (Source: Glamour Magazine)


(Source: Jenn-Fit)

We began our new workout routine about 2.5 weeks ago but I'm excited to see how my body changes over the next 8-10 weeks. 

Be sure to check back this week as I'll be doing a two part guest post from my husband on our programming!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...