Monday, March 24, 2014

Contentment Challenge - What I Learned

Hi all, it has been a few weeks since my last post, I apologize. As many of you know, I started a new job about a month ago and the last two weeks we have been working hard getting ready for the grand opening of our new store. Good news, the store is now open and it is amazing!

I love it. The team I work with is beyond fantastic and I just love that I literally wake up in the mornings and look forward to going to work! It's really a refreshing feeling.

Anyway, now that the store is open I should be able to settle in to my new routine! So be looking forward to more regular post here in on the blog.



Today, I wanted to start by recapping the end of the Contentment Challenge I did mid-February through March. I finished up my month-long challenge about two weeks ago and I have to say I couldn't feel better about it.

At first I was hesitant about the fast, thinking it would increase my desire to shop more, but God is gracious and loving and I never once felt deprived at all. I will admit there were a few times I browsed through clothing and shoes, but it was freeing to not feel that desire to desperately need something. I felt content with what I already had.

I am happier to report that even now, two weeks after the completion of the Contentment Challenge, I still don't have that desperate need to shop. I love that I can feel free to go walk through Target or window shop at local malls, but not feel that nagging need to make a purchase. I have bought an item or two since the end of the fast but haven't felt the need to do a major shopping spree. 

It is truly amazing what God will do in your life when you give him the reigns, when you give up those desires that seem to drive you and instead let Him drive. I never imagined I'd feel this way and while I was hesitant at the beginning of this experience I am so incredibly thankful I did it.

Image Credit: Nancy Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...